Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My new beginnings.

I have started this blog as a writer's blog, but I've decided to change it to a blog about the stuff I love about East Asia. I have a new writer's blog at live journal. Go to http://gary-feather1.livejournal.com

Who am I?

I have a BS in Journalism, a BA in English and a minor in East Asian Civilization from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.

I love writing stories. I also love reading. I have read a lot of nonfiction books on East Asia, especially China and Japan.

I love the martial arts. I first got into it in 1990. I learned a martial art called Tae Kwon Do from 2nd degree blackbelt Ed Prince. I quit in 1991 when I transfered from a local college to SIUC. There I took Aikido for two semesters and Yang style Tai Chi Chuan for one semester. After this I quit martial arts and SIUC. I became very depressed. Later in 1999 I got counseling. I even started taking a few class at the local college for fun. In 2002 I took a Karate class for 3 months, but the class closed. I then started learning Kung Fu San So from blackbelt Jerome Eckleberry. I took his class for 11 months. I then returned to SIUC. I got learned Wing Chun Kung Fu from Marty Davis for 2 1/2 years. I also took two semesters of Kendo, semester of Yang style Tai Chi Chuan and a semester of Aikido. It was a lot of fun. After I graduated in May 2006. I found a school in Salem, Illinois taught by Ed Daniels. He teaches Goju Kempo and Ketsugo Ryu Jujitsu. I started in Novemeber 2006. I currently have a brown belt 3rd kyu. I sill want to learn more.

In Fall 1991 and spring 1992 at SIUC I took a year of Chinese Mandarian. I am no language expert, but I learned a little. I still want to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment